Have you ever wondered whether it’s worth it to hire a personal trainer? Regardless of whether you’re an exercise nut or certified couch potato, a professional trainer can be just what you need to reach your fitness goals. Here are five benefits of having a trainer:
1. Accountability and motivation – the #1 reason most people fail to get in better shape is they don’t show up consistently to the gym. Having someone there waiting for you and expecting you to show up at a certain time is a great way to keep you on track.
2. Training expertise – experienced trainers have worked with hundreds of clients, so they know firsthand what works effectively in the gym and what doesn’t. They know the proper exercise form to target the right muscles and what form leads to injury. Even if you consider yourself an advanced lifter, having a second set of experienced eyes providing instant feedback can be invaluable.
3. They’ll push you just enough – a good trainer will push you past your comfort zone into the gain zone but not so hard that you over train or injure yourself. It can be a fine line to tread and one that’s often difficult to manage without the objective eye of a coach or trainer.
4. Help setting realistic goals – without them, there’s a good chance you’ll end up frustrated or on the wrong path. An effective trainer will help you set goals that are realistic, meaningful, and achievable. They’ll also provide you a road map to get there. All that’s left for you to do is put in the effort.
5. Personalized workout – everyone has different strengths, limitations, preferences, and goals, so copying your buddy’s workout routine or taking one from the latest fitness magazine isn’t going to be ideal for you. A professional trainer will sit down with you and design an effective workout routine for you as an individual. Depending on how you respond to it, he or she will tweak it along the way to keep the progress coming.
Here at Spring Hill Fitness we have several personal trainers ready and eager to help you. Free child care is available while you work out. We have a large 24/7 workout facility and offer a variety of free group fitness classes. For more info, please call 615-302- 8400 or stop by in person and check us out.